Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Photo Week: The Five Senses

This Photo Week is hosted by miss Jen who had the fabulous idea to explore our five senses through photography. I love this challenge.

Be sure to let her know if you're participating so that we can check out your shots!

Monday (10/6) - Sight
(see the rest of my photos on my 'sight' flickr set)

I thought a lot about how to explore sight through photography in a way that might separate it from any other photo I took. The goal was to take a photo that made me consider my own sight when I viewed it. I played a bit with various shutter speeds and little shakes of the camera to see if I could get anything with a feel similar to an impressionist painting. This photo was taken as the sun was getting low and red. The sharp orange rays that peaked through the cracks between houses gave me nice little pockets of light to play with. I liked the movement and the colors that resulted from this little experiment.

Tuesday (10/7) - Taste
(see the rest of my photos on my 'taste' flickr set)

Today was one of those days. You know the days when you want nothing more than to be home, to split a bottle of wine, and and to make something delicious with someone you love to be around. Today Alex and I split a bottle of Chilean wine and cooked up way too much food for a Tuesday. The menu consisted of:

Chicken Salad with Piquillo Peppers
Linguine Carbonara
Toms Crab Cakes

I would totally recommend all of these recipes. The over-abundance of food was delicious, and just the pep that this gray and rainy day needed.

Wednesday (10/8) - Sound
coming soon...

Thursday (10/9) - Smell
(see the rest of my photos on my 'smell' flickr set)

I took a nice walk around Lawton's Loop here at the fort over lunch. The sky is incredibly blue today. It smells like fall.

Friday (10/10) - Touch
coming soon...

Pin It

5 comments:

Jen said...

Cool pic Amy! I love the interpretation of the theme. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics this week.

Unknown said...

Awesome, looks like an impressionist painting!

Sue said...

Great pictures Amy. I like how the color of your ingredients stand out. Quick question, I'm not sure what I did or changed but for some reason my pictures that i take with my manual settings will not upload to the computer. The computer does not even recognize them. Do you have any suggestions?

Amy Kingman said...

Thanks guys! Sue, I'm not sure whats goin on! There is a chance that you could have changed the file type that your camera is saving. Sometimes DSLRs will let you take photos in the RAW format instead of JPG. Check your menu to see if that's the case and we can go from there. :)

Jen said...

i love the smell pic too!