Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wishful Thinking


This is a sketch I did per the request of Ashley for her Fab For Less house. She gave a group of us a common theme and asked us to create a 6" X 6" black and white work of art based on the theme "wishful thinking" I guess I went SUPER literal as it related to her project, but I just couldn't get the imagery of the little girl, the victorian house, and the windy stairs out of my head.

Generally my style tends toward the more simple, flat, clean line, and graphic, so this time I wanted to experiment with perspective, and try using marker technique and a sketchy pen technique.

The markers dont come naturally to me at all. I definitely want to keep experimenting with them. I put this sketch off until the 11th hour though, so I just needed to finish it and get delivered to the house. I'll post pictures from the house later and explain more about the project.


These are just some sketches I did as I was experimenting with the look of this piece.

Pin It

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so cool. i just really love EVERYTHING you do and this piece makes me want to give you a big hug! i love it. i want it on a baby T! i esp. like the stairs?! and the rubble dropping from them.

i want to see the other designs too (that the other people submitted) can you link those somehow if they have blogspot?

Joseph Cross said...

Nice! Love to see you do more of this kinda of work! well done :)

Sara said...

You continue to WOW me! I love seeing a different side of your artistic talent. You are AMAZING!

Amy Kingman said...

Thanks guys!!! :D You're so encouraging!

I'm not sure how to share the other designs with ya, I'll try and get a photo from the house. :)

rachel stoleru haim said...

Very nice illo. Thanks for sharing your process, very interesting!

INDIGENE said...

They seem so nostalic! Great imagery.

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice...well done :)

Jen said...

I love it! Great detail.

Roberta said...

This is incredible!

Juan said...

Awesome. Fantastic!

Amy Kingman said...

Thank you for all of the kind words. :)

Nathalie St-Pierre Roths said...

Whimsical and wonderful! I like the process you go through and this is great that you included everything with your posting.

Bella Sinclair said...

I just love this illustration. It's full of magic and fantasy. There must be something wonderful at the house. Beautiful!

Senchy said...

Fantastic! Line, style, detail, everything, great work! :)

damon said...

beautiful

love it

illustrations by doni said...

owww...i like your sketches and how whimsical they are

kathy hare said...

beautiful and magical..

Amy Kingman said...

Thank you thank you. :)

Jennifer Zivoin said...

Hi Amy! I love this piece! I didn't know you blogged here :) I just love this illustration so much. So simple in composition, but so moving and emotional.

Amy Kingman said...

Thanks JZ! That means a lot coming from such an accomplished illustrator! :)

Madeline Lam said...

Hey came across this on google and it immediately caught my eyes. This piece of yours is awesome & I totally love it. Although it is simple, it tells a story and i can totally relate to it.