Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

So what's wrong with being granola?

I find granola delicious, and I don't care what you say. This was my first attempt to make my own, and it was ridiculously easy. Not to mention it was a heck of a lot cheaper than what you can buy at the store. Here's the recipe I used. I got the recipe from Ellie Krieger. Side note, I don't know if it was just my oven or what, but I needed to take it out closer to 25 min. It got a little too brown for my liking at 30 min.

Ingredients
Cooking Spray
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped raw, unsalted walnuts
1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds
1/2 cup chopped unsalted pecans
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, optional

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Pin It

No comments: